|Sailing Into September Newsletter 2015Has September felt like diving into the unknown ocean rather than sailing into the sunset? Autumn can be a very challenging season, especially for families with lots of activities on their plate.
Perhaps checking your child’s homework feels like one extra challenging item? Consider:
1) It takes as little as 2-5 minutes per day.
2) It can make the difference between your child stalling in Kumon because the same mistakes are repeated every day (or worse, worksheets are being skipped or completed carelessly), or your child progressing smoothly and beautifully.
3) Without it, your child can get the impression that Kumon is not really important to you. After all, your child must do 20 minutes or more of work 7 days a week on Kumon. If you do not even give 2 minutes a day to support your child’s work, it doesn’t look like you value their efforts.
4) Your child gets instant positive feedback when the work is perfect, or close to perfect. How great is that for a warm glow and motivation to keep doing a good job?
5) Our weekly raffle draws are now based on all homework being checked and entered on the homework tracker. If you don’t check the homework, your child misses out on those fun draws.
Our answer books make checking work very quick and easy. If you need an answer book or any guidance with how to do it and correctly enter results on the homework tracker, simply ask Holly at the reception desk the next time you are at Kumon. She will be more than happy to assist you.